The federal government has ordered a probe of the invasion of the senate on Wednesday.
Lai Mohammed, minister of information, disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja.
The statement said the government received the report of the theft of the senate’s mace with shock.
Ovie omo-Agege, senator representing Delta central, who was suspended last week, had led unidentified persons into the senate.
Those who accompanied Omo-Agege later went away with the mace.
Mohammed said the security around the National Assembly complex would be reinforced to prevent a recurrence