1. A recent comment by one of the elder statesmen alledging that the military collude with bandits to kill people and therefore, call on them to rise and defend themselves outside constitutional provisions. This is highly uncalled for and is invitation to anarchy and should be disregarded by well meaning Nigerians.
2. The efforts of the Nigeria Armed Forces towards restoration of peace, security and order in Nigeria are evidently clear and Nigerians continue to show appreciation for changing the security environment from what it was before.
3. The Nigeria Armed Forces is well organised and highly professional in discharging its constitutional mandate. Therefore, if any one has evidence of wrongdoings or derelation of duty against our troops should please bring forward such evidence through the appropriate channels for necessary action.
4. For the avoidance of doubt the Military will not be distracted from performing its statutory duties in accordance with the rules of engagement.
5. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium. Thanks for your support.
Public Relations Officer to the Hon Minister of Defence.
24 March 2018