News
Gunmen abduct five workers at construction site in Kwara
Gunmen suspected to be bandits have abducted five workers at a construction site along the Sabaja/Owa-Onire Road in Kwara State.
Zagazola report that the incident was reported at about 4:30 p.m. on Monday by Alhaji Suleiman Abdullah Olanrewaju, manager of Fix Contracting Engineering Company.
The source said Olanrewaju reported that the abduction occurred earlier in the day at about 11:40 a.m. while the workers were on site when the gunmen attacked and whisked them away.
Those abducted were identified as Engr. Ademola Afolabi, Engr. Umar Lade, Fatai and Akin, both labourers, as well as a driver identified as Yusuf.
According to the source, the complainant said he had earlier reported the incident to the military before notifying the police.
Upon receipt of the report, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Oreke mobilised a team of police operatives who linked up with the military and local vigilantes to comb the surrounding bushes in a bid to rescue the victims and arrest the perpetrators.
Investigation into the incident is ongoing, while security agencies said further developments would be communicated. (Zagazola)
-
Politics14 hours ago2027: Court Opens Door For Defections
-
Business13 hours agoThe faulty economics facing Tinubu’s $500m airbus maintenance facility
-
Politics14 hours agoGwamna, Chinda Win, Sharafadeen Alli Leads In Oyo, As APC Postpones Primaries In 3 States
-
Politics14 hours agoKwara PDP Spokesman Sent To Prison Over Alleged Defamation Of Gov
-
News13 hours agoTinubu commends NDLEA for dismantling Nigerian-Mexican drug cartel in Ogun forest
-
Metro12 hours agoLagos billionaire in menstrual pad scandal; girlfriend flees abroad
-
News13 hours agoAnyaoku-led Patriots decry worsening insecurity, ask Tinubu to act decisively
-
Metro13 hours agoLekki, Lagos Island account for over 27% of criminal cases in Lagos, says Govt
