News BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu was misinformed on Lekki shooting, says Army

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu was misinformed on Lekki shooting, says Army

-

- Advertisment -

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu was misinformed on Lekki shooting, says Army


Ahmed Taiwo, commander of the 81 division of the Nigerian Army, says Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, was misinformed about the incident at Lekki tollgate.

Speaking on Saturday while addressing the judicial panel set up to probe the incident, Taiwo said it is not correct to say anyone died as a result of the shooting at the tollgate.

When he featured in ARISE TV one day after the shooting at the tollgate, Sanwo-Olu had said no one died from the incident.

But hours later, he tweeted that he had received information about the death of one person.

“Information reaching us now is that a life was lost at Reddington Hospital due to blunt force trauma to the head. It is an unfortunate and very sad loss. This is an isolated case. We are still investigating if he was a protester,” he posted on his Twitter handle.

One day after, Sanwo-Olu said two deaths had been confirmed among the protesters in Lekki.

But while being cross examined at the panel by Olumide Fusika, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Taiwo said  no one died from the incident.

When the lawyer told him about Sanwo-Olu’s position on the incident, Taiwo simply said: “The governor was misinformed.”

(The Cable)

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu was misinformed on Lekki shooting, says Army
BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu was misinformed on Lekki shooting, says Army
Parrot Nigeria
An online news aggregator

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Lagos to sanction international travellers who evade COVID-19 testing

            The Lagos State Government has warned international passengers coming into the state who shun the Federal Government’s guidelines against...

‘He is not trustworthy’ — Ndume withdraws as Maina’s surety

            Ali Ndume, senator representing Borno south, has asked his lawyers to begin the process for him to withdraw as...

Trump recalls U.S. troops in Somalia

U.S. President Donald Trump has ordered the withdrawal of majority of American troops from Somalia, the Department of Defence...

#EndSars: We won’t allow reckless use of social media throw Nigeria into turmoil – Lai Mohammed

              Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says the federal government will not allow “reckless use” of social media...

Naira devaluation will not affect Nigeria’s food fortification targets – Dangote

                Aliko Dangote, president of the Dangote Group, says the devaluation of the naira will not affect the food fortification...

Lalong mourns former defence minister, Domkat Bali

        Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State has described the demise of former Minister of Defence, retired Gen. Domkat Bali,...

TRENDING

BREAKING: Appeal court affirms Maryam Sanda’s death sentence

          The court of appeal sitting in Abuja has affirmed...

Amotekun not for trivial issues – South West agency DAWN warns Osun command

            DAWN Commission, the South West agency set up to...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you