News Police ban protests in Ekiti

Police ban protests in Ekiti

-

- Advertisment -

Police ban protests in Ekiti

 

 

 

 

The Police Command in Ekiti State has announced a ban on all forms of protests, following the imposition of a 24-hour curfew by Governor Kayode Fayemi.

The command in a statement signed by Mr Sunday Abutu, its Public Relations Officer, said that the ban was sequel to the rising threats to security of lives and properties over the #EndSARS protests.

According to the statement, the ban took effect from 10 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 20.

It said protest or gathering of any form or possession of weapons is banned.

The command advised all residents to comply with the curfew order, stay within the confines of their homes and shun any act of disobedience or violence, saying that such would not be tolerated by the operatives.

“This is necessary to ensure that sanity and peace are restored to our dear state.

“In view of this, operatives across all security agencies have been deployed for maximum security and the enforcement of the curfew all over the State.”

Gov. Kayode Fayemi had earlier announced the imposition of a curfew on the state from 10 p.m. starting from Tuesday, Oct 20.

Mr Biodun Oyebanji, the Secretary to the State Government, said that the curfew was to prevent anarchy by some elements who had hijacked the peaceful protest against EndSARS in the state.

He said government was concerned that if the protest was allowed to continue unabated, it would lead to a breakdown of law and order, thereby threatening the well-being of the people of Ekiti.

He said hoodlums had capitalised on the EndSARS protests to engage in robbery, rape and assault on innocent citizens, in addition to the wanton destruction of private properties.

Oyebanji said only essential workers and service providers with valid means of identification will be allowed to move during the curfew.

Police ban protests in Ekiti
Police ban protests in Ekiti
Parrot Nigeria
An online news aggregator

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Account for N50trn derivation funds – Militants tell Niger Delta governors

              A group of former Niger Delta militants, the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers (RNDA), has asked the region’s governors to...

2023: So far, Buhari’s body language does not suggest Jonathan

•Doubts South South will support him •Fears Igbo may ruin their chance •Speaks on Zamfara gold, hopes for resource control Hon. Julius...

“I’ll Walk With A Limp Forever” – The Undertaker Reveals The Price He Had To Pay For Wrestling in WWE For Three Decades

              The Undertaker retired from Sports Entertainment at the recently concluded Survivor Series. For years, there were rumors about how...

Nigeria demands apology from UK government over MP’s allegation against Gowon

Nigeria has sought apology and retraction from the British government after a parliamentarian accused Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s former Head...

South African President, Ramaphosa, to face motion of no confidence

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa will face his first motion of no confidence in the National Assembly next Thursday.House...

We sold heads of Policemen for N1000 – Suspects

Two of the suspects arrested by the Police in Oyo have narrated how they sold the heads of 2...

TRENDING

BREAKING: Court jails rep member for lying

A magistrate court in the federal capital territory (FCT)...

CNN retracts initial report Soldiers killed 38 at Lekki tollgate during #EndSARS protest

            The Cable News Network has retracted its initial report,...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you