Terror Threat: Buhari Convenes Emergency Security Meeting
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday(today) meet with security chiefs to further review and strengthen security network in the country.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in a statement issued on Sunday, said he (Buhari) will receive briefs from the security chiefs, and interject on areas that need more attention.
Shehu said President Buhari, who was initially scheduled to commission the National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) new Technology and Innovation Complex, had to postpone the commissioning to a later date because of the meeting.
On Friday, the President had said the recent changes in travel advice from the US and UK governments should not be a cause for panic, urging citizens to remain calm.
He had further advised the nation’s security establishment and entire citizens to continue being vigilant and careful with security.
Buhari, who said the travel advice was not an indication that there would be attacks on the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), added that it was important to avoid panic as the security agents had been in charge of the situation since the July prison raid in Kuje.
The President gave assurances that the government was on top of the security situation in country.