World News
King Charles Breaks Silence After Arrest Of Brother, Prince Andrew, Over Misconduct Allegations
Britain’s monarch, Charles III, has personally addressed the latest allegations involving his brother, Prince Andrew, saying the matter must be investigated fully and fairly by the appropriate authorities.
In a statement released by Buckingham Palace on Thursday under “Royal Communications,” the King expressed “deepest concern” over reports of suspected misconduct in public office involving Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” the monarch said.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
The King stressed that due process must be allowed to run its course.
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” he said.
Charles added that it would not be appropriate for him to comment further while investigations are ongoing.
“As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all,” he concluded, signing the statement “Charles R.”
The statement marks the first time the King has publicly spoken in his own words about the unfolding situation involving his younger brother.
Meanwhile, royal correspondent Chris Ship wrote on X that the William, Prince of Wales and Catherine, Princess of Wales “fully support the statement William’s father issued this morning.”

The development comes amid renewed scrutiny of Prince Andrew, who has faced multiple controversies in recent years. The Palace has not provided further details on the specific allegations referenced in Thursday’s statement.
Buckingham Palace said it would not offer additional comment as the investigative process unfolds.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was earlier arrested and is in custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The King’s brother was arrested earlier on Thursday at the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.
-
Politics17 hours ago‘Adeleke isn’t Fubara’ — Dele Momodu faults Wike’s claim he could have helped Tinubu win Osun
-
Sports17 hours agoBayern’s Musiala suffers another collapse in three days
-
Opinion17 hours agoTinubu, terminate the dodgy £746m ports deal
-
News17 hours agoTroops repel terrorists attack, rescue 14 kidnapped victims in Katsina
-
News17 hours agoFAAC: FG, states, LGs share N3 trn
-
Business14 hours agoAfrica’s biggest bank targets stake in OPay ahead of IPO – Report
-
Politics17 hours ago2027: SDP’s Adebayo faults Tinubu’s absence at National Peace Accord
-
Politics19 hours ago‘Abuja Politicians’ Made APC Lose Osun – Gov Sule
