News
Nnamdi Kanu Sues NMA Over Alleged Fabricated Medical Report
The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, has filed a ₦550 million lawsuit against the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) and 10 medical practitioners over an alleged fabricated medical report issued against him.
The development was revealed by one of Kanu’s lawyers, Barrister Maxwell Opara, in a video posted on his Facebook page on Friday.
“This is the FCT High Court, Abuja. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has filed a ₦550 million suit against the Nigerian Medical Association and the 10 medical doctors who conspired and issued a fake medical report against him,” Opara stated.
On Friday, Opara further stated that the disputed medical report played a key role in the court’s decision to deny Kanu bail.
“The court ordered that they should examine Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, but they never did. They wrote what they called a medical report, and it was that report the court relied on to refuse bail,” he said.
According to him, the legal team had previously written to the NMA and the doctors seeking clarification and accountability, but received no response or indication of remorse—prompting the decision to file the lawsuit.
“Based on that, we wrote to them, and they did not show any remorse. We have now filed a ₦550 million suit against the Nigerian Medical Association and the doctors involved,” he added.
In October 2025, Kanu’s legal team accused the NMA of fabricating a medical report on his health without conducting the court-ordered medical examination.
Kanu’s Special Counsel, Barrister Aloy Ejimakor, explained that the report presented in court was dated October 13—several weeks after the court’s directive—leaving the defence with no time to study or respond.
“That medical report we were served in open court today was dated October 13. This means the defence has no ample opportunity to react to it. It was more of an ambush,” he said.



-
News21 hours agoBREAKING: INEC declares Accord Party’s Adeleke winner of Osun governorship election
-
Politics21 hours ago‘Bulldozer’: How Adeleke defeated APC, others to secure second term in Osun
-
News21 hours agoBorno parents beg FG to rescue 52 children, others 90 days after abduction
-
Business21 hours agoSEC orders Nigerian capital market firms to cut North Korea, Iran ties
-
Business21 hours agoTinubu’s tax reforms promised relief, evidence shows multiple levies are killing businesses
-
Sports23 hours agoOsimhen gives Arsenal transfer green light
-
Opinion21 hours agoABACHA: 28 years on, still no evidence
-
Metro21 hours agoIn Ekiti, students abandon school for online scam as mums form ‘Iya Omo Ologo Association’
