Murdered singer Alizee’s management releases official statement
Murdered singer Alizee, real name, Zainab Ali-Nielsen, and her four-year-old daughter, Petra, were murdered allegedly by her Danish husband Peter Neilsen at their Banana Island home yesterday.
Alizee’s management, Petra Entertainment Limited, has now released an official statement about Alizee’s murder.
1. Petra Entertainment Limited has received with shock news of the sudden demise of our artist Nielsen Zainab Joy (Aged 29) and her daughter Nielsen Petra (Aged 4) at their Banana Island, Lagos home on the 5th of April 2018.
2. The late Nielsen Zainab Joy (also known as Alizee) was a Nigerian citizen married to Nielsen Peter Schau a Danish citizen resident in Nigeria.
3. While we exercise restraint in making public comments on the circumstances surrounding the demise of Alizee and her daughter, – in order not to prejudices on-going police investigations – it has become important to correct some misinformation presently circulating in the media space.
4. In this regard, we state that the husband of the late Nielsen Zainab Joy who is also the father of the late Nielsen Petra is Nielsen Peter Schau. Nielsen Peter Schau is a Danish citizen and not an Italian or Asian as has been reported by several media outlets.
5. We call all law enforcement agencies to speedily unravel the circumstances surrounding the demise of these vibrant Nigerians and bring all complicit persons and/or entities to justice.
6. In the light of reports suggesting that Alizee’s husband may be under Police investigation in connection with these painful deaths, We particularly call on the Nigerian immigration Services to remain vigilant at this time and urge the cooperation of all foreign missions in the country.
7. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the relatives of the late Zainab and Petra.
Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, confirmed Alizee’s husband Peter Nielsen’s arrest todayadding that a crime scene investigative team has been deployed to the house, alleged scene of the gruesome of the murder.
SP Chike Oti said:
“The state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, has ordered the arrest of the suspect and he is in police custody. It is pre-emptive now to ascertain the cause of the incident.
The CP has dispatched crime scene investigators to the place to pick evidences for analysis which can be used for prosecution.
“The command has also written the Embassy of the suspect that the police are investigating the case.”
Alizee had celebrated her birthday January 10th, 2018; 85 days before she met her untimely death in the most gruesome way.